Saturday, August 22, 2009

Welcome!

Welcome to our classroom blog! I recently started a blog for my family after our daughter was born in June. All of my family is out of state & I thought the blog would be the perfect way to share photos, stories, etc. with everyone. I have really enjoyed documenting the life of our baby girl & realized this would also be the perfect way to share photos, stories & other information with my school families. And so, "Montessori Ps & Qs" was born!

First, a little bit about the title--a couple of years ago when I was married and changed my name to "Parks," Mrs. Quarles came up with the idea of naming our classroom newsletter "mind your Ps & Qs" in honor of our last names. I threw in the "Montessori" part and our newsletter--"Mind your Montessori Ps & Qs"--was created. I've since carried that moniker over here to the blog.

Second, I hope you all will come here to check the blog often. My hope is that this will be a convenient and effective way for me to share information with you about all of the fabulous things going on in the classroom. As you may know, in the Montessori environment much of the work being done is hands on with manipulatives. Worksheets & typical craft-type activities found in many traditional classrooms are few and far between. Often this leads to parents asking, "What is my child doing all day?" since they don't see many papers coming home in their child's backpack. Using this blog, I will try to post photographs of work in progress as well as share information about what we are working on.

Well, that's my introduction & welcome to the blog! I do have a 2-month old at home, so I am not sure how often I will be updating it, but I promise to try to post often--at least weekly if not more. Please feel free to post comments, ask questions, etc. You will also find a link to my e-mail in the sidebar if you have a personal question or comment you would like to share with me. I am so excited about the new school year and am looking forward to building a close relationship with your child & your family.

1 comment: